Home

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

 A Mother's Day Reflection
Our family's hearts were heavy on Mother's Day as we prayed for the safe return of all the Nigerian girls who were separated from their families. I am using this moment to teach my daughter about Gratitude. I am sure that many of our girls in America do not realized that millions of girls risk their life for and opportunity to be educated. My daughter and I watched Mrs.Obama's message from the White House as she explained that we know that girls who are educated make higher wages, lead healthier lives, and have healthier families and when more girls attend secondary school, that boosts their country’s entire economy.
Please share the first lady's speech with your family as it has given our daughter a lot to think about.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/


Educate a girl, change a generation

No comments:

Post a Comment